Your Most Important Prayer (Part 1) | Ephesians 1:15-18
In this prayer of thanksgiving and intercession, Paul expresses gratitude to God upon hearing of the spiritual vitality of the readers. This leads him to pray intensively that the Spirit will reveal to them their hope and their great value to God, and especially that they will gain an expanded awareness of the extraordinary and unsurpassed power of God manifested on their behalf. Paul’s prayer acts as a model of prayer for ourselves and others as we consider what is most important in the Christian life. In this lesson we learn that our greatest need as Christians is for us to have a heart that is forever striving to increasingly know God and all we have in Christ.
- Cause of Paul’s prayer (v. 15)
- Constancy of Paul’s prayer (v. 16)
- Content of Paul’s prayer (vv. 17-23)
- Know the hope of your calling (v. 18a)
- Know the riches of your inheritance (v. 18b)
- Know His power toward you (vv. 19-23)