Paul finally arrives in Rome! Three years earlier he had written his Epistle to the Church of Rome sharing his intention and earnest desire to visit that he might encourage them in the gospel and reap a harvest among the Gentiles (Rom 1:9-15). While Rome was Paul’s desired destination for ministry, the Lord saw fit to allow him to receive much kindness from the pagan natives on the Island of Malta, while at the same time using him to display the kindness of God in return. From this message we are encouraged to live a life of thankfulness for all of God’s abundant blessings He has bestowed upon us in the past and seek His grace to remain courageously faithful in the future.
- God brings His promises to pass (v. 1a)
- God brings unusual kindness (vv. 1b-2)
- God brings gospel opportunities (vv. 2-10)
- God brings brotherly encouragement (vv. 11-15a)
- God brings courage to continue (v. 15b)