- Who made you and all things?
God made me and He made all things.
- Why did God make you and all things?
For His own glory
- How many gods are there?
There is only one true God in three Persons
- Who are the three Persons?
God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit
- How long has God been alive?
God has always been alive because He is eternal
- Where is God?
God is everywhere
- Does God know all things?
Yes, God knows all things.
- Who were our first parents?
Adam and Eve
- In what condition did God make Adam and Eve?
He made them holy and happy.
- What did God command Adam to do?
- Did Adam and Eve obey God?
No, they disobeyed God and became sinners
- What is Sin?
Sin is disobeying God
- Who tempted Adam and Eve to sin?
The Devil tempted Eve and she gave the fruit to Adam.
- Did Adam’s sin only affect him?
No, it spread to all mankind after him.
- Are all people sinners?
Yes, all have sinned and come short of the glory of God
- Did God leave people to be punished?
No, God sent a Saviour
- Who is the only Saviour of sinners?
The only Saviour of sinners is the Lord Jesus Christ
- Who is the Lord Jesus Christ?
The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God
- How did the Lord Jesus Christ save His people?
He obeyed God’s Law and was punished in their place.
- How did the Lord Jesus Christ obey God’s Law and suffer for His people?
The Lord Jesus became a man in order to obey and suffer for us.
- How did the Son of God become a man?
He was born of the virgin Mary.
- Did the Lord Jesus Christ ever sin as other people do?
No, He was holy, blameless, and pure.
- Why did Jesus die?
Jesus died in our place and was punished for our sins.
- Did Jesus remain in the grave after His death?
No, He rose from the dead on the third day.
- Where is Jesus now?
He is with us and He is in Heaven.
- Will Jesus come to this earth again?
Yes, He will come to judge the world and rule.
- What does God require of us if we are to escape His punishment and judgment?
Faith in Jesus Christ and Repentance from sin.
- What is faith in Jesus Christ?
It is trusting in him alone for forgiveness of our sins
- Why does God choose to save sinners?
God saves sinners because of His love, grace, and purpose
- What is election?
Election is God’s choice of certain people to be saved
- What is justification?
Justification is God forgiving us of our sins and regarding us a righteous in His sight
- What is adoption?
Adoption is God making sinners His dear children
- What is sanctification?
Sanctification is a God making us holy in our thoughts and actions
- What happens to believers when they die?
Their soul goes to Heaven to be with God and their body waits to be resurrected
- What happens to unbelievers when they die?
Their souls are in punishment while they wait for the final judgment
- What is the Lake of Fire?
It is the place where unbelievers are punished forever
- What is the New Heaven and New Earth?
It is the place where believers will be forever
- What does God require of all people?
Obedience to His Law
- Where is the summary of God’s Law?
The Ten Commandments
- What do the first four commandments teach us?
Our duty to God
- What do the last six commandments teach us?
Our duty to people
- What is the first commandment?
The first commandment is, “You shall have no other gods before me.”
- What is the second commandment?
The second commandment is, “You shall not make for yourself any idols”
- What is the third commandment?
The third commandment is, “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain,”
- What is the fourth commandment?
The fourth commandment is, “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy”
- What is the fifth commandment?
The fifth commandment is, “Honour your father and your mother”
- What is the sixth commandment?
The sixth commandment is, “You shall not murder.”
- What is the seventh commandment?
The seventh commandment is, “You shall not commit adultery.”
- What is the eighth commandment?
The eighth commandment is, “You shall not steal.”
- What is the ninth commandment?
The ninth commandment is, “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.”
- What is the tenth commandment?
The tenth commandment is, “You shall not covet”
- Can any person keep these Ten Commandments perfectly?
No we can’t because we are sinners.
- What do the Ten Commandments teach us?
Our duty to God and our need for a Saviour
- Who is the only Saviour to save us from our sins?
The Lord Jesus Christ
- What is a Church?
The Church is the people who have been forgiven of their sins and who love the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Who is the Head of the Church?
The Lord Jesus Christ
- Who oversees the church?
- What do Elders do?
They lead, teach, and care for the church
- How many Ordinances are there?
Two. Baptism and the Lord’s Supper
- What is Baptism?
Baptism is being immersed in water in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- What is the Lord’s Supper?
The Lord’s Supper is eating the bread, and drinking the cup in remembrance of Jesus.
- What is Prayer?
Prayer is talking to God
- What did Jesus give us to teach us how to pray?
The Lord’s Prayer
- What is the Lord’s Prayer?
“Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil” (Matthew 6:9-13)
- What does the opening of the Lord’s Prayer teach us?
It teaches us that as our Father, God provides for and protects His children.
- What does “Hallowed be your Name” mean?
That God’s Name would be treated with the highest honour.
- What does “Your Kingdom Come” mean?
To enter and enjoy God’s rule
- What does “Your will be done on earth” mean?
To know and obey God’s Word
- What Does “Give us our Daily Bread” Mean?
To Ask God to give us what we need
- What does it mean to ask God to forgive us?
To ask for forgive us of our daily sins
- What does “lead us not into temptation and deliver us from evil” mean?
It is asking God to protect us from the world, the flesh, and the devil
- What does the last part of the Lord’s Prayer teach us?
God is worthy of our worship