The 2023 Hills Bible Church Family Camp is just around the corner! We are so looking forward to seeing you there and pray that it is a time of spiritual blessing and fellowship for us all.
Before camp begins there are a few things you will need to keep in mind. Please see below and attached some critical information, whether you are staying on site or visiting for the day.
Friday Arrival Times
- Arrive – 5:30pm
- Pizza Dinner – 6:30pm
- First Session – 7:30pm
Camp starts on Friday 14th April at Phillip Island Adventure Resort, 1775-1801 Phillip Island Rd, Cowes Victoria 3922. Click here for Google Maps directions.
Guests can begin arriving from 5:30pm onwards and we will have a pizza dinner at 6:30pm. The pizza dinner is complimentary for all Friday night guests. The first session will begin at 7:30pm.
Day Visitors arriving on Saturday morning: please note that breakfast will begin at 7:30am and the first session will start at 8:30am.
When you arrive the boom gate at the campsite entrance will open automatically upon approach.
Overnight guests will be sent their room number the day before camp begins and there are parking spaces in front of the accommodation blocks for your use. Many rooms will have a number of people in them and potentially several cars: please try to allow your neighbours to access their park for their room. If you have maxed out of spots in front of yours, please use the ones in front of the reception building or dining room. Feel free to make your way to your room when you arrive and get your family settled in.
All day visitors may park in the common car park in front of the reception building or dining room.
Our group will be using the Smith’s Dining Room, the Smith’s and Woolamai accommodation blocks, and the Auditorium. A map is attached for your convenience.
Bedding and Towels
All overnight guests will need to bring their own bedding and personal toiletries. Please ensure you bring towels, bed sheets, doonas/blankets or a sleeping bag, and a pillowcase. Feel free to bring additional pillows if you would like to make yourself more comfortable.
Parents of infants are reminded to bring a travel cot or bassinet for children who cannot sleep in a single bed.
Each room has a private bathroom. There is one common toilet with shower facilities in our accommodation wing for any day visitors who are interested in participating in the outdoor activities on Saturday afternoon. Please bring your own towels and personal toiletries if you wish to make use of the shower facilities.
To help us all get to know one another and learn one another’s names, please bring your HBC name tag if you have one and wear it during camp. If you do not have an HBC name tag, there will be stickers provided in the dining room upon arrival. Please feel free to make use of these during camp.
If you or your family will be leaving the campsite at any time during the camp, we request that you please sign out using the sign out sheet located in the dining room. Please remember to sign back in when you return to the campsite. This helps us to keep track of who is onsite for safety and security purposes.
At Hills Bible Church, we take the responsibility of ensuring a safe environment at camp seriously. In registering for and attending the camp, you acknowledge, understand and agree to abide by the camp rules below:All rules apply throughout the duration of the camp, with exceptions for emergency situations. Rules are subject to change and update prior to or during the camp. Any changes will be notified via email.Times and places Agreements:
- I agree to adhere to the 2am curfew that will be in place on Friday and Saturday nights, for all attendees regardless of age.
- If I leave Phillip Island Adventure Resort (PIAR) grounds for any reason during the camp, I will inform camp supervisors prior to departure so that they can maintain an accurate count of campers on the premises.
- I will ensure to be punctual to sessions or volunteering duties.
- I will not enter staff areas.
- I will respect the presence of other camps at PIAR and stay within our area of the camp.
- I will not enter cabins accommodating those of the opposite sex for any reason throughout the camp.
- I will be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you Eph 4:32
- There is no swapping of rooms once allocated, unless arranged and approved by the Camp Committee prior to camp (noting that there is limited ability to do so).
- Respect those in your cabin, whether they are family members or others from the church.
- Broadly, if you are not booked in a cabin, please respect those who are and do not enter unless you are invited and are of the same sex.
- Cabin doors cannot be locked: Any valuables left unattended in a cabin are at your own risk. For security, please lock valuables in your car.
- Keep rooms clean.
- No jumping on the beds. Fun, yes; Permitted, no.
- Outside of designated activities such as the Childrens Program, it is the responsibility of Parents/Guardians to supervise their child/children at all times and in all activities (especially in the swimming pool).
- No unaccompanied minors are to book. If you are under 18 and planning to attend without your parent/s or guardian, please email email@example.com for parent / guardian approval forms.
- All existing Hills Bible Church policies and agreements are applicable at camp and are not overwritten by these camp rules.
- All legal Phillip Island Adventure Resort rules and policies, where directed and informed, are to be followed.
If you have any questions before camp, please feel free to email our camp committee at firstname.lastname@example.org,
See you there!